Best Icebreaker Questions for Teens
Even though meeting new people can be scary, breaking the ice doesn’t have to be hard — especially when you have a huge selection of icebreaker questions for teens to get you started! Take a look below, you’ll be amazed at the in-depth conversations these will spark.
Pin it for later! ⤵️
Icebreaker Questions About Family
- Do you have any siblings? Include step or half siblings too!
- Where were your parents born?
- What do your parents do for a living?
- Do you have any family traditions?
- Are you named after anybody in your family?
- Where did you spend your childhood?
- How does your family celebrate birthdays?
- Are you the youngest in your family?
- Do any of your family live abroad?
- How many cousins do you have?
Icebreaker Questions About Your Favorites
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite quote? It can be from a book, movie, or social media!
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite book? It can be audio, ebook, or physical.
- What is your favorite music genre?
- What is your favorite part of traveling?
- Which big cat is your favorite?
- What is your favorite sport to watch?
- What is your favorite app?
- What is your favorite way to chat to your friends? Phone, text, online, in person?
- What is your favorite savory food?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your favorite holiday you’ve been on?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have a favorite car? If so, what is it?
- Do you have a favorite language? If so, can you speak it?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
Icebreaker Questions for Teens About School
- What do you do every morning before school?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What is your least favorite subject in school?
- Which class do you excel in?
- Where did you buy your pencil/laptop case from?
- What are your plans after you graduate?
- What do you use to take notes in class?
- If they made a TV show about your school, what would it be called?
- Do you do any extracurricular activities? If so, which one is your favorite?
- What do you usually buy for lunch at your school cafeteria?
- What do you do every night after school?
- How much homework do you get from all your classes?
- Have you seen studygrammers on Instagram? If so, are you a part of that community?
- How do you like to spend your break/lunch times?
- If you could change 3 things about school, what would they be?
Icebreaker Questions For Sparking Interesting Conversations
- When you were young, what did you want to do when you grew up?
- If you were stranded on an island, which 5 items would you want to have with you?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? If you choose the past, which era would you visit?
- Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or become invisible? Why?
- If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
- What would your autobiography be called? Why?
- Would you rather teleport or be able to fly? Why?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you ever did?
- If you could only relive one day for the rest of your life, which day would you pick?
- If you had to describe yourself with a movie title, what would it be?
- If you could bring one celebrity here, who would it be?
- Is there any song stuck in your head right now?
- Who is the smartest person you know?
- Is there a celebrity that you are related to, no matter how distantly connected you are?
- If you had a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Name the most important 3 things someone should focus on to have a happy life.
- If you could download a skill into your brain instantly, what would it be?
- If you became president tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?
- What is one invention you think should be created this year?
Icebreaker Questions About Your Personality/Character
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is your strangest phobia?
- Are you a spiritual person?
- Do you believe in extraterrestrials?
- What is your worst habit?
- What beverage could you not live without?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- Do you like olives? Why or why not?
- Do you know your personality type? If so, what is it?
- What is your star sign? Do you think your qualities match it?
- Describe yourself in 5 words or less.
- What are 3 things you are grateful for?
- Is there a hobby you’d like to start this year?
- Have you ever learned a new skill and realized you hated it once you mastered it?
- What is one amazing trait you have that you never talk about?
Get a Free Copy of This List!
Click on the image below to make your own copy of this list of icebreaker questions for teens in Google Docs!