Best Icebreaker Questions for Teens
Even though meeting new people can be scary, breaking the ice doesn’t have to be hard — especially when you have a huge selection of icebreaker questions for teens to get you started! For a younger audience, check out these great Icebreaker Questions for Kids.
Take a look below, you’ll be amazed at the in-depth conversations these will spark.
Pin it for later! ⤵️
Icebreaker Questions About Family
- Do you have any siblings? Include step or half siblings too!
- Where were your parents born?
- What do your parents do for a living?
- Do you have any family traditions?
- Are you named after anybody in your family?
- Where did you spend your childhood?
- How does your family celebrate birthdays?
- Are you the youngest in your family?
- Do any of your family live abroad?
- How many cousins do you have?
Icebreaker Questions About Your Favorites
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite quote? It can be from a book, movie, or social media!
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite book? It can be audio, ebook, or physical.
- What is your favorite music genre?
- What is your favorite part of traveling?
- Which big cat is your favorite?
- What is your favorite sport to watch?
- What is your favorite app?
- What is your favorite way to chat to your friends? Phone, text, online, in person?
- What is your favorite savory food?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your favorite holiday you’ve been on?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have a favorite car? If so, what is it?
- Do you have a favorite language? If so, can you speak it?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
Icebreaker Questions for Teens About School
- What do you do every morning before school?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What is your least favorite subject in school?
- Which class do you excel in?
- Where did you buy your pencil/laptop case from?
- What are your plans after you graduate?
- What do you use to take notes in class?
- If they made a TV show about your school, what would it be called?
- Do you do any extracurricular activities? If so, which one is your favorite?
- What do you usually buy for lunch at your school cafeteria?
- What do you do every night after school?
- How much homework do you get from all your classes?
- Have you seen studygrammers on Instagram? If so, are you a part of that community?
- How do you like to spend your break/lunch times?
- If you could change 3 things about school, what would they be?
Icebreaker Questions For Sparking Interesting Conversations
- When you were young, what did you want to do when you grew up?
- If you were stranded on an island, which 5 items would you want to have with you?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? If you choose the past, which era would you visit?
- Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or become invisible? Why?
- If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
- What would your autobiography be called? Why?
- Would you rather teleport or be able to fly? Why?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you ever did?
- If you could only relive one day for the rest of your life, which day would you pick?
- If you had to describe yourself with a movie title, what would it be?
- If you could bring one celebrity here, who would it be?
- Is there any song stuck in your head right now?
- Who is the smartest person you know?
- Is there a celebrity that you are related to, no matter how distantly connected you are?
- If you had a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Name the most important 3 things someone should focus on to have a happy life.
- If you could download a skill into your brain instantly, what would it be?
- If you became president tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?
- What is one invention you think should be created this year?
Icebreaker Questions About Your Personality/Character
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is your strangest phobia?
- Are you a spiritual person?
- Do you believe in extraterrestrials?
- What is your worst habit?
- What beverage could you not live without?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- Do you like olives? Why or why not?
- Do you know your personality type? If so, what is it?
- What is your star sign? Do you think your qualities match it?
- Describe yourself in 5 words or less.
- What are 3 things you are grateful for?
- Is there a hobby you’d like to start this year?
- Have you ever learned a new skill and realized you hated it once you mastered it?
- What is one amazing trait you have that you never talk about?
More Activities and Free Resources
- Looking for more fun ways to get teens talking and connected? Try these:
Get a Free Copy of This List!
Click on the image below to make your own copy of this list of icebreaker questions for teens in Google Docs!
Final Thoughts on Teen Icebreaker Questions
A good icebreaker can be the difference between a chilly silence and a warm, engaging conversation. With these teen icebreaker questions in your arsenal, you’ll be breaking the ice like a pro, turning awkward moments into opportunities for connection.
The coolest conversations often start with the simplest questions. Looking for more teen activities? You might also love these great ideas for indoor games for teens!